As epic as Netflix is, there are a lot of awesome shows and a lot of not-so-awesome shows, so we wanted to share our favorite binge-worthy series on Netflix!
Alright, I have to admit, I watch TV while I work. No, not when I am composing emails, writing blog posts, or doing anything the requires full brain power, but when I am working on logos and super creative projects, it’s nice to turn off the thinking hat and let your mind get a little lost in a show while tapping into your creativity. Because of this, I have watched a LOT of Netflix! And unfortunately, it’s hard to tell if the series you are watching is good or not until you are about four to five episodes in. That recently happened to me while watching High Seas on Netflix… after episode six I had to change it. It was cheese McGeez.
Since your TV time might be a little more limited than mine, I wanted to spare you the pain of watching any lame TV and share my favorite binge-worthy series on Netflix! Keep in mind that we are only counting Netflix originals on this list! Obviously shows like Madam Secretary, Schitt’s Creek, and Breaking Bad are all worth binging.
- Stranger Things: Stranger Things is a show unlike anything else out there! It takes place in the 80s and has that total kid gang vibe of epic 80s movies like The Goonies. It is a sci-fi, which is usually not my cup of tea, but this show is an exception. They just finished the third season, so you have some good binge days ahead with this one!
- The Bodyguard: If you are into Game Of Thrones like me, Rob Stark alert. Actor Richard Madden plays the lead. It’s about a British police officer who is assigned to protect the Home Secretary of the UK. This show is action-packed and suspenseful, if that is your thing! I really enjoyed it, except for the fact there is only one season so far and it’s only six episodes long. Keeping my fingers crossed there will be more!
- The Crown: The Crown is a little slower of a show, but I found it well done and worth watching! I am a bit of a history buff, so anything based on history, I am into. This show offers an interesting glimpse into the personal life of a young Queen Elizabeth as she comes to succeed her father. Seeing the dynamic between her and her husband as she tried to be both a monarch and wife is really intriguing.
- Master of None: If you like to laugh, get ready! Master of None had me laughing out loud at my desk. This comedy is loosely based off the real life of comic Aziz Ansari, and he even has his real parents playing his parents in the series. Aziz plays a struggling actor trying to make it and find love in New York. It’s cute and funny at the same time.
- Orange is the New Black: Yes, this is old news. But if you’ve never watched Orange is the New Black, you should. It’s funny, dramatic, and entertaining. The show has a unique way of making you fall in love with all of the characters by showcasing their lives pre-prison and telling the story of how they ended up in jail. It’s worth watching if you haven’t already!
- House Of Cards: I know, Kevin Spacey might be a creep and has been blacklisted… but this show is still awesome! It can be a little on the slow side, but give it time. I promise it won’t disappoint. The last season was a little weird–I don’t want to spoil anything, so watch for yourself! Spacey and Robin Wright Penn really work well together in this series. It’s worth the watch!
Netflix is a producing machine! I am constantly in awe of how many new shows they are cranking out. It seems like weekly there is more to watch. But unfortunately, with volume you do lose some quality. Unlike HBO, which does very few shows that all seem to be epic, Netflix does have some subpar series, but these ones definitely make the cut!
If you found something binge-worthy on Netflix, please share with us! I am always looking for something new to watch!